Finished Dual 10" Ported box PICS. Help me pick out subs

Ianimal
10+ year member

MA
ok first off the dimensions..

Internal Net Volume (29.75Wx15.25Dx13H/1728=3.41 cu ft)

Port dimensions: 13Hx3W=39 >> 13x3.75x24L=.677 cu ft

3.41-.677=2.733/2=1.3665 cu ft/sub (without sub displacement)

this is my first box...designed it myself...can someone let me know if im supposed to use the net volume or gross volume with the calculator here http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

and here are the pics...so be nice and any suggestions for which sub would be great

10cr97o.jpg

14w8znd.jpg

23u8tc6.jpg

two aq hdc3 10's
top of my list right now....but my cutouts are 9 1/8...and it calls for 9.4" how close if not exact does the cutout have to be to the subs specified cutout

and if someone doesnt mind answering my question in original post about whether or not to use net or gross volume in calculating port length

Nice job on the box. But if the port is 3'' wide it is supposed to 90 1.5'' from the back wall

nice box, but the hdc3 is kinda heavy for a single baffle box. if that's a double-baffle, nevermind
ya i was thinking the same thing...it is single baffle. i had so much fun making this box because ive never done anything like it before and ive learned a lot from both research and little mistakes i made along the way...like jigsawing straight lines on the wood ha..

Nice job on the box. But if the port is 3'' wide it is supposed to 90 1.5'' from the back wall
****...whats this gonna do..i dont think its gonna be very easy to finagle another piece of wood in there

****...whats this gonna do..i dont think its gonna be very easy to finagle another piece of wood in there
I have no idea how it will effect the sound. Like you said man, you had a good time building it so worst comes to worst you have to build another one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif Might as well use it for a little while and build another one when you're ready. As far as the calc goes I would use the volume after port/sub displacements.

I have no idea how it will effect the sound. Like you said man, you had a good time building it so worst comes to worst you have to build another one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif Might as well use it for a little while and build another one when you're ready. As far as the calc goes I would use the volume after port/sub displacements.
shouldnt you have SOME idea seeing how you brought it up! whats the reason for 1.5" away from the back wall...is this just something that is known

shouldnt you have SOME idea seeing how you brought it up! whats the reason for 1.5" away from the back wall...is this just something that is known
1/2 the width of your port. I've never done it your way before so I don't know how it will exactly effect the sound. Every box I've seen that 90s along the back like yours has been done the way I said.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.