Finally ripping out the stock B(l)ose... opinions needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

g35chick
10+ year member

My stock Bose amp is dying on me and after just getting a new DD head unit for Christmas, I'm going with a full system revamp.

So, I would love some thoughts!

I will be installing a Kenwood DDX419 and already have subs. I'm thinking about getting a Alpine MRP-F300 to replace the Bose amp and powering some of these in the front: Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 6030cs 6.5-Inch 270-Watt Two-Way Component System: Car Electronics

Not sure what (if anything.. might leave them stock) to do for the rear speakers.

Also, since Bose *****, I'll be disconnecting the stock 6x9's (since they're woofers) and just leaving them... replacing them with anything will rattle horribly and I would have to rip out pretty much my entire interior to get to them.

Also planning on deadening the doors, trunk, and side rear panels.

Finally... I would LOVE to have someone do this all for me.. all at once. I seriously don't want to deal with all the wiring - any ideas on a price range I'm looking at if I buy all the components on my own and have a shop install it? I'm expecting it to be out the *** since most shops HATE people who do that...

So.. install pricing ideas? Thoughts on how the system will sound? I'm on a relatively tight budget... buying a stupid trim/AC control adapter for a DD in my car was $340 alone.

Thanks!

Since your leaving the stock 6x9s, where are you putting the 6.5s?

And I noticed those 6.5s are 90watts rms with an impendence of 2 ohm. I have that same amp that runs my two tweets, but at 2 ohms its only 75 watts per channel, you might be loosing some power with that amp.

But 90watts rms is good, my RF 6x9s are 100 rms and they sound great.

I'd be putting the 6.5's up front (doors). The 6x9's are in the rear deck, and then I have 6.5's in the rear side panels. I've heard a lot of great things about those speakers but you're right, I'd reaaallly have to push that amp... I just really liked the price point lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.