Finally got my response from American Bass

Participant count
  • Participant list

wafsman
10+ year member

ohio
So as you all know I have been getting very mixed information trying to figure out what to do with my subs, my box and all that junk. Well I finally got a response from Bob at American Bass, turns out I am having such trouble finding info cause my speakers are 12 years old, although he says they are very good speakers, so I am still determined to use them with my setup. He informs me that I should run 300 rms to each sub, but once again my trouble is finding the info I need since these are dual 6-ohm speakers. I have been looking at tons of amps, monos, 2-ch, 4-ch bridged, you name it, I just can't make sense of it with the speakers I have, with my options being 3 ohm each or 1.5 ohm together, which no one provides power ratings for at that resistance. My price limit is still 500, but would like to stay in the 300-400 range if possible. If you guys could help me out again it would be greatly appreciated.

Quit overthinking it. Get a 1 ohm stable mono amp with some headroom. 1,000-ish watts rms will be fine. That'll give you more than enough power for your current subs and you'll have enough room for an upgrade in the future...

Yeah, that's one of my worst problems. So would a Rockford T500 be a good one? They say at 1 ohm it pushes more like 750 rms, seems like this would match well, what do you think?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

wafsman

10+ year member
wafsman
ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from