Finally finished install

Participant count
  • Participant list
Wow!! Alot of time went into that..Deadning(very time consuming for me in my truck),custom work on that dash looks BA!,And very nice Clean install On those amps..Love that sub box! Very Nice work man..How those Polks sound?Ive always liked Polk, still run them.Great speakers.Very Nice Install indeed!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

Polks sound great and yeah it took some time......the wife is glad I'm done.......well I'm adding leather now...lol. Yeah, I lined the whole thing except for the actual roof, under the head liner. Also made the duals more "bear"able on the inside.

Polks sound great and yeah it took some time......the wife is glad I'm done.......well I'm adding leather now...lol. Yeah, I lined the whole thing except for the actual roof, under the head liner. Also made the duals more "bear"able on the inside.
I still need to finish up my install/deadning,the other half of the floor,and see about the overhead9prob do 3/4 Plywood,with Vinyl to get some reflection,and Matt under that also.My arm is pretty healed up by now, so I should be able to remove the buckets by myself t finish up:D..Old joker myself:DLOL..It does make a big difference,as sound barrier for sure.I moved my muffler passed the xcab,and went with a FlowMaster 40series Dual in,Dual out,alot quieter that the Hooker exhaust that I did have

I still need to finish up my install/deadning,the other half of the floor,and see about the overhead9prob do 3/4 Plywood,with Vinyl to get some reflection,and Matt under that also.My arm is pretty healed up by now, so I should be able to remove the buckets by myself t finish up:D..Old joker myself:DLOL..It does make a big difference,as sound barrier for sure.I moved my muffler passed the xcab,and went with a FlowMaster 40series Dual in,Dual out,alot quieter that the Hooker exhaust that I did have
I added a K&N cold air intake which really made it rumble with my Gibson duals. It made a world of difference in system sound and quieter ride.

Two different subs?

I was waiting for that question. I like the Momo's but wanted something up front. The JBL's only required .3 cubic feet sealed so this worked for under the front seats. To get it right I had to run a four channel amp to them with the sub channel split and running at 2 ohms. Seems to work well and sounds pretty good. To keep from buying two more subs to match them, when I upgrade my amps I will either do another class D four channel or a couple of nano type mono's.

It is by no means comp material.....it's just mine. The Polks need too much room for under seat boxes. I have been flirting with the idea of changing out the Polks for the JBL's for the rear subs and doing a mono at 1 ohm..........ideas?

I did notice that some of the SQ guys that I meet last summer ran a sub up front at a different HTZ/different brand even, and it sounds pretty BA.
Just like anything else.....if money was no object and I had another vehicle for regular use.......well that Quad cab would only have room for two...........

You know this **** used to be easy......my first disc player only had pre amp outputs and none of the frills. I understand where you are at and by looking at my stuff it is prob evident I do things old school. With that it mind, I keep it simple. Could I get better sound if I did things differently but all in all I'm happy. A lot of guys give my crap for the EQ and XEC505 crossover but it does give me a good bit of tuning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.