Fierce Audio - Line Level Controller?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mickstix

Hey all! I hate to bother with such a novice question, but I've tried search, and google, and cant find any info on this LLC (or a phone# for Fierce Audio) Here's the story..

I got this Line Level Controller from BestBuy.. It's got 6 wires coming from it. Problem is, the directions only mention connecting 4 speaker wires.. Does anyone know what the extra 2 wires (brown) are for or if they need to be used? I've no idea why they'd leave that info off the instruction sheet, but they did.. I found a website (fiercecaraudio.com) but it doesnt list any info on their LLC, and has no contact phone #.. Just an email addy, which I tried, but haven't gotten a reply back from.. Thanks for any help/info, Mick

Note: Im just tryin to put a simple stereo in my bass boat, and the head unit doesnt have low level outs, (im just using the head, a small amp, and 2 outdoor speakers) so I needed the LLC device to get signal into the amp.. Thanks again if ya can help!

Thanks for the reply KHA!!

The other 4 wires (white/white-black and grey/grey-black) are for the speaker leads, from the head unit..

From the limited info I've been able to find, it's been suggested (as you said) that the brown(s) could be grounds, but any idea why there would be 2 of them? Since Im putting this system in a boat, there is no metal for grounding.. It's just the negative side of the battery, and someone mentioned NOT to connect the 2 browns before grounding.. So if thats the case I dont know if I should just connect 1, or just leave them unconnected? Again, I've got emails into the company but it's been 6 days and no reply, so your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks again, Mick

grounds would be from the head unit for a common ground speaker system. remember back in the 80's when head units would have four "hot" wires and only one "Ground" wire?

it can also be for noise suppression. regardless, they should not be necessary for your installation. you should be able to cap them off separately and not use them.

this is why i stick with well know brands such as Scosche, PAC-Audio, USA Spec, even David Navone Engineering.

this is why i stick with well know brands such as Scosche, PAC-Audio, USA Spec, even David Navone Engineering.
For sure.. Live and learn.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I'm going to go ahead and just cap the ends as you suggested! Thanks once again for the assistance! Mick

The Brown wires are remote turn on wires that go to the remote terminal on your amplifier so that your amp isn't on when you aren't playing music.  The unit sends power to the remote wire only if it senses an input from the speakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.