Fiberglassing cost

jordon

CarAudio.com Elite
How much in materials do you think it will cost to fiberglass my doors to fit two 6.5s preside and two tweeters per a pillar?

ac1623e0c0cf73114b639dde0fa2c4b7.jpg
e6fe14db329758dce631275c437fb343.jpg

Around $100 or less depending on how many accessories you get to make things easier and more professional
It will just be plain and painted black

And what and where should I buy the stuff from? I don't really know what I'll all need and but I'm about to start watching hella videos on how to fiberglass.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Just resin would be cheap to use if you've got fleece or something.

But....

You might want to buy:

A resperator

Gloves

Actual fiberglass mat

Lots of paint brushes

Cost of wood for rings

Bondo

ect.....

Just resin would be cheap to use if you've got fleece or something.
But....

You might want to buy:

A resperator

Gloves

Actual fiberglass mat

Lots of paint brushes

Cost of wood for rings

Bondo

ect.....
Can I just buy bondo glass mat and resin from Lowes? I know wood and brushes I can

And what and where should I buy the stuff from? I don't really know what I'll all need and but I'm about to start watching hella videos on how to fiberglass.

US Composites has good cheap resin. I got 10 gallons from there

blades for cutting the doors (metal and plastic), wood for making baffles, dowels for mounting baffles
Yeah, lots of miscellaneous stuff people forget to factor into cost

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Can I just buy bondo glass mat and resin from Lowes? I know wood and brushes I can

I know auto parts stores sell Bondo. I think Lowes has resin, but i don't think I've seen glass mat there

US Composites has good cheap resin. I got 10 gallons from there

Yeah, lots of miscellaneous stuff people forget to factor into cost

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

I know auto parts stores sell Bondo. I think Lowes has resin, but i don't think I've seen glass mat there
Does us composites have glass mat?

Also how many feet of mat do you think I will need? And how much resin and which kind? Also won't I need hardner or whatever it is called?
I'd say three yards would be good so you can do multiple layers or re-do it if you mess something up and not have to wait to get more shipped to you.

About a gallon of resin give-or-take. Once again, depending on how many layers and if there are mistakes.

Resin comes with hardener.

I'd say three yards would be good so you can do multiple layers or re-do it if you mess something up and not have to wait to get more shipped to you.
About a gallon of resin give-or-take. Once again, depending on how many layers and if there are mistakes.

Resin comes with hardener.
I don't see actually fiberglass resin on the website just polyester and epoxy

id check to see how much those door panels cost. I know in my jeep they are $750 each for the fronts. No way in hell would i just try it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jordon

CarAudio.com Elite
jordon
Fort Bragg, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from