--Fiberglass Box-- In progress (first box lets pray!)

Participant count
  • Participant list

kgcolbyIII
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hello all. I'm currently working on a fiberglass box. I spent a whole day just trying to find a good design to do. im not 100% sure if i calculated it correct for the subs are 1.25cf sealed per sub. I'm thinking i might have to put some solid filler inside to reduce the volume.

At first i started with a single woofer build, but only to find that the base was WAY too small and the fabric could not stretch but just kept overlapping. So now ill just save the base for any one who wants a 8-10" sub thats local around me.

2011-04-15%2010.10.10.jpg

After i tossed that aside and thought about and started drawing designs i thought of one simple yet not so boring. the box i made was 30" wide x 15"Depthx10"Height.

2011-04-15%2019.13.22.jpg

2011-04-15%2019.13.17.jpg

after i finally started to get the fabric good i started to apply a nice coat to the fabric, then once the fabric had a good coat i started to layer on some sheets of fiberglass and started to blend it in with the rest.

I used long stroke brushes to apply the resin in large areas then once resin was all over i got my snub nose brush and begin to "dab" all over to clear all the bubbles. Also repeated this along ALL the edges to ensure it was completely covered. It's 65F outright now so thats why im still doing it though its night time. Its going to be curing for the next 17 hours due to work. So it should be nice and stone hard.

Was doing 4cc per 8 ounch since the temp was alittle lower then i wanted. Wish i could of done it when it was hotter.

Will post a vid of it too since the pics were blurry along with the setup that im doing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.