fiber glass users please come in

Varinabassing
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Richmond,Va
ok i got the idea from a member on here to fiberglass a box for my btl i the back of my camaro he fit 4.3 before displacement in his so my question is how much should i buy of the resin, hardener, and the cloth and is there anything else i will need i want to shoot for 4 cubes before so about 3.5 after with 2 6in ports please any help will be welcome thanks guys

you would have to have some sort of sketch or drawing to even make a guesstimation at quantity or materials needed.

bumping every 15 mins is not necessary.

You can buy that stuff at a ton of local stores, no need to order online. What i would suggest is to just buy a gallon of resin and a few of the bags of fg at lowes, autozone, advance autoparts, walmart, you get the idea. That way you dont buy much more then you need and you can always go back for more.

Edit- I read it wrong the first time but like i said get a gallon of resin, probably 3 bags of fiberglass to start with, youll need some fleece or something of the sort to get your wrap done as well.

the number of layers depends on the material used. get some 1.5oz mat and layer it up until you can stand on it and it doesn't flex. use mdf for all flat surfaces.

ur gonna need alot of paint brushes dont get the good 1s and a plastic cup that has ounce mesasurements on it they are like 1 dollar at lowes ...u can get all the stuff at lowes....Remember its 14 drops of hardner for every ounce of fiberglass resin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.