Fi SSD or Fi Q @ 1200w?

Ok guys, just looking for an answer from someone with experience, not to get into an argument. But I do understand your defensiveness when someone says something like "is this sub going to be underpowered".
But like the original post, would the BL sound as good as an SSD @ 1200w?
Not arguing or getting defensive, I am clarifying and trying to remove confusion or inaccuracy. I have experience with both subs, have been to the Fi factory, have listened to a number of SQ guys with a Q and SPL guys running BL's, along with plenty of SSD's in all sorts of installs over the years.

As to sound as good, that is a subjective matter that is only decided by your ears alone. As my ears may prefer the SSD's, your ears may prefer the BL's.

Personally, I like the sound of the SSD with Copper coil option.

I think the main point here with power rating is that MANY people use them as gospel. If they only have 600 watts to play with, but still have budget for a mid to high level sub, they still stick with the lower level so they can max out the rms rating. It doesn't matter that they are NOW taking a chance of breaking it. It doesn't matter that they higher end sub can take the power all day without any chance of breaking it, play a little louder, sound better while doing it.. All that matters is they match watts on the amp to rms on the sub.. It's a downright BAD way to design a system and far too many people fall for it. Even on forums like these where people are more knowledgeable than the average joe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.