C2 Threatcon 2's

Something you need to know about cheap subs that look beefy. It don't matter how big the coil is its about size, winding, length, former, quality, glue. Cheap subs are only going to get so loud, it's called saturation. You could go from 1000 to 2000 and not gain much at all. Better subs will gain quite a bit.

Something you need to know about cheap subs that look beefy. It don't matter how big the coil is its about size, winding, length, former, quality, glue. Cheap subs are only going to get so loud, it's called saturation. You could go from 1000 to 2000 and not gain much at all. Better subs will gain quite a bit.
Which do you think would be more durable, better, louder and cleaner. 2 c2 Threatcon 2's or 2 newer Type R's? I'm thinkin the Type R's simply because I've heard them. But I don't know anything about c2 audio.

Plus the Type R's are $30 dollars cheaper ea.

Which do you think would be more durable, better, louder and cleaner. 2 c2 Threatcon 2's or 2 newer Type R's? I'm thinkin the Type R's simply because I've heard them. But I don't know anything about c2 audio.
Plus the Type R's are $30 dollars cheaper.
In this case just pick one. Look at all the specs not just power handling. It really means the least anyway. Look as fs, xmax, vd, everything.

In this case just pick one. Look at all the specs not just power handling. It really means the least anyway. Look as fs, xmax, vd, everything.
Let me ask you one more question. Is it better to get 2 d4's and run them at 1Ohm or 2 d2's and run them at .5? Or does it really even make a difference?

If you have to ask this question.....
I don't fully understand the difference all I really know is that it takes less power to push them at a lower impedence right?

Like say for instance at 1 Ohm 1k rms is like 34 ac volts but at 2 Ohm 1k rms is like 43 volts. Using less power while keeping the same output I just don't know if it makes a difference in sound or stability ect.

I don't fully understand the difference all I really know is that it takes less power to push them at a lower impedence right?
Like say for instance at 1 Ohm 1k rms is like 34 ac volts but at 2 Ohm 1k rms is like 43 volts. Using less power while keeping the same output I just don't know if it makes a difference in sound or stability ect.
No difference in sound. The lower you go the harder it is on your electrical.

No difference in sound. The lower you go the harder it is on your electrical.
There is a difference in sound but most won't notice it. Your dampening factor is worse. Output will be higher if you can feed it. If you can't it won't be and the amp could smoke.

I did some extensive torture testing with my Threatcon 2 12's. At about 900-1000 watts you are getting all you are going to get out of those subs. They will take that power and get loud and low and be happy doing it. Any more than that and you won't see/hear any audible gain. At one point I was running nearly 2K on one of these for a little over a week and it only failed after bottoming out hard below tuning. It handled the power without frying the coil but wasn't so much louder that it was worth dumping almost double the power into it. A solid 1K is all you would need for one of these.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Babykinns

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Babykinns
Nelsonville, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date