FI Q 12 in 2.3 box tuned to 28hz PICS

So if the false floor is just resting on the trunk floor doesnt it rattle really badly? I would think you'd want to secure it somehow...

Also how happy are you with the FiQ? I was thinking of buying one but i'm not sure i want to spend that much money on a single one...

So if the false floor is just resting on the trunk floor doesnt it rattle really badly? I would think you'd want to secure it somehow...
Also how happy are you with the FiQ? I was thinking of buying one but i'm not sure i want to spend that much money on a single one...
you're not sure you want to spend $259 on the Q when people are comparing its performance vs. $350- $450 subs? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

How loud are your guy's setups that are running one 12? I'm such a basshead, but would LOVE to do something like that, being that it's more compact and looks awesome. I've run single 15's a lot, but never a single 12 ported.

The loudest single 12 I heard was a W7 ported with a 1000/1, and it sounded very good, got quite loud. These Q's capable of that type of SPL?

By the way, that install is tits man.

edit: these 2 subs are in the 12 challenge, aren't they //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yea the w7 gets pretty loud but also has good sq

a ported 12'' gets pretty loud man...depends on the sub

a sql sub like a L7 or mofo ported get pretty loud

Actually it is resting on the spare tire and has egg crate between the tire and the bottom of the amp board, the weight of the amps keeps it down plus the box...big bumps you can hear it barely. Single ported 12 can get pretty loud, around 140 db's give or take for the average guy with a low tuned box in a trunk. A ported Q will be about like a W7 or Mag or TC sounds 3K or Brahma which I have all owned but this sub is almost half is much $$

Actually it is resting on the spare tire and has egg crate between the tire and the bottom of the amp board, the weight of the amps keeps it down plus the box...big bumps you can hear it barely. Single ported 12 can get pretty loud, around 140 db's give or take for the average guy with a low tuned box in a trunk. A ported Q will be about like a W7 or Mag or TC sounds 3K or Brahma which I have all owned but this sub is almost half is much $$
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif

box3002.jpg

box3001.jpg

May I be so bold as to offer some constructive criticism?? Why thanks, don't mind if I do. If it were me I would have finished the whole trunk in the same carpet you did your install in. That way the system doesn't look like such an after thought. Its easy to see where the factory carpet ends and where your system carpet begins. Great job on the mounting of the amps though, very nice.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.