FI = new dd?

I also imagine that multiple soft spiders would have a more linear compliance than a single stiff, and linearity and a flat response is what this sub is about.

That works when you have 2-3 spiders, but when you have 7, there really isn't space to add 6 spacers.

As for the comment about heat being generated by spiders rubbing together, it isn't going to be any more noticeable than the heat the surround will generate from being stretched in and out. Technically, it would, but in the real world, it wouldn't even be noticeable.

friction will lower the sen of the driver, not worried about heat when you use poly/cotton spider and heat the coil up good and the heat transfers to the spiders they are weak any way.

7 soft spiders are not going to make it more linear, esp when you use progressive spiders.

i have rebuilt many of these and they have always had 5 spiders,huh.

FI dose use good parts other than the spider/leads ,my 2 cents //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SPLaudio

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
SPLaudio
upstate ny
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date