FI BTL 15's v.s. RE XXX 15's

Toomnymods
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well im still undecided on subs and have another 4 weeks till tax return check gets here but so far im very impressed with both of these subs.. i know 1 is strictly a SQL sub and one is more tailored to spl..

Which would be better for everyday use and maybe 1ce a year going to a soundoff to compete with?? Are the FI BTL's decent soundwise? I know they have a good rating for spl but i defiantly don't want just a 1 note wonder sub, i want something that can play heavy metal, hard rock, some rap, etc..

These will be getting walled into my nissan titan and will have about 4 - 4.5 cubes each and will be ported

I'm just hoping 1,100 watts rms to each sub will be enough to move these massive subs if not i guess i could always save for 2 more 9.0's :p

Apples to Oranges. And grapes to Chicken...

The Btl's wont exactly be ideal for your metal mania daily needs. Haven't had a chance to listen to the new XXX's. So i couldn't tell you about them.

But you have enough time left to research and decide...

1100 is the lowest my 9.0's would deliver a channel more realistically it is prob close to 1,700 a sub on good hard bass notes..

so the BTL's are out since you don't think they would like hard rock and heavy metal, hehe I know my old 12w7's would play anything under the sun, that is kinda what i'm looking for but just more volume and still keep the clarity

Have you considered the FiQ? With the power you have available it would be better suited.

If you were willing to only run two subs... 2200 watts per sub would be fine for the BL/BTL.

But due to your music preference I would suggest you look in to a BEEFY SQL oriented speaker.

i called RE audio and thier tech keeps telling me the subs i should get are the RE MX model, doesn anyone know anything about these subs? he said the XXX's play extremely low and wouldnt be suited for my kinda music? i told him i wanted a sub comparable to a jl audio 12w7 but louder but with the same clarity.. and he said the MX sub would be the way to go with the 2 amps i have thier RMS is like 1500 each

if youre using 1100 rms amp then go to RE SE or SX. these subs is a good choice for SQL or even burp's for competition. with that amp rating you cant move the cone efficiently of the BTL and even XXX. if you want a hardcore SPL then go for RE MT!

The Btl's wont exactly be ideal for your metal mania daily needs. Haven't had a chance to listen to the new XXX's. So i couldn't tell you about them.

Grape soda goes very well with fried chicken...hmm...I get it, you're trying to imply that he should use one of each //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

whys this? are you implying they cant keep up? ive owned both mentioned subwoofers and would recommend if he had more power to take the btl for it as it delivers pewrrt well on double kicks and things of that nature

Incriminator Audio Death Row 18'' would be my suggestion.

And yes I am biased //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I asked this same question only about the 18" size. The opinions I got where mixed, but pretty much it seemed no one was dis-pleased with either sub. However in saying that I was told the XXX will give a little better sql but the BTL is a spl power house.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.