Fi Bl 15" or DD 3515

i wil strongly dispute that as will everyone that heard both subs in my burban both were tuned to 33hz
your opinion. my FACTS are my BTL 18 was louder then my DD9518 on less watts in the same exact box with the same exact car on the same EXACT amp. ON LESS WATTS!

your opinion. my FACTS are my BTL 18 was louder then my DD9518 on less watts in the same exact box with the same exact car on the same EXACT amp. ON LESS WATTS!
this can happen for many reasons. Perhaps your enclosure was more suited to the BTL rather then the DD. Every car is different. I never said DD was an end all subwoofer. Just that they cost more for very good reasons.

OP, buy what's in your budget or what you want/like, but remember that enclosure and install is going to make the setup. I'm done.
Now that is the best advice on the forum right there. No matter what any of us say, it still comes down to you and the install.

Never said.i sell superior products just that I have tested these exact woofers head to head. And the dd beat the btl hands down in my application. And the dd got just as low as the btl.

While the OP doesn't need to know the specifics of what we are talking about to determine the proper choice... DBeez, you know for a fact that while the DD may have been louder in your ride, the BTL was louder in Bens vs the DD on LOWER power just like how another poster said.

Point- YOU CANNOT COMPARE SUBS BY JUST DOING A SUB SWAP IN THE SAME BOX!

this can happen for many reasons. Perhaps your enclosure was more suited to the BTL rather then the DD. Every car is different. I never said DD was an end all subwoofer. Just that they cost more for very good reasons.
lol there is no discussion on my end. it was the SAME EXACT box same exact amp same exact car same EVERYTHING! just the sub. and the DD lost. it was loud but no as loud as the fi.

well if i changed the enclosure wouldnt i be giving an unfair advantage to the DD?

it was everything control but the sub. and the DD lost. oh yea it was tuned at 33hz i bet ur gunna say "see theres your problem, should be tuned at 50hz" lol

lol there is no discussion on my end. it was the SAME EXACT box same exact amp same exact car same EVERYTHING! just the sub. and the DD lost. it was loud but no as loud as the fi.
well if i changed the enclosure wouldnt i be giving an unfair advantage to the DD?

it was everything control but the sub. and the DD lost. oh yea it was tuned at 33hz i bet ur gunna say "see theres your problem, should be tuned at 50hz" lol
Drop in test proves nothing except one sub liked that enclosure more then another. Nothing more.

i built a box for 1 12 that had the roof on a expo flexin like hell. google "ZT-122 Flex" the 1st video is it.
All of this is only worthy of opinion when speaking of enclosures. There is no such thing as "fair" drop in tests. I'm not bashing your opinion, but do not pass that on as fact as it is not. It is just a situation were another sub liked your setup better. This will not be same for everyone and from what I have seen it typically goes the other way.

I've learned, from so many of these same threads, that no one can tell you what YOU want. Buy what YOU can afford, what appeals to YOU, and be happy. You could go with one of those trashy audiobahns, but if you love flames and they sound good to YOU, then why the hell would you buy anything else?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Frisbie

Frisbie
Elk Point, SD
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Brianyakno