FI Audio questions

loudlittlefvkus
10+ year member

Michigan
So my mind is pretty much set on the FI SSD12's when i save up the money, running at one ohm off my new American Bass VFL4880. I have a couple questions about the options they give you when purchasing though, what is different about the flatwind coils? what does it improve, is it worth it? cooling is pretty straight forward, but whats the difference between getting that option and not? and what is the internal lead option? I'm hoping to get them ordered in september-octoberish, and school will have started then and ill have 4 hours a day in shop class to work on the box for them, figured they take a while to build and ship so ill have plenty of time to build a good quality box and not be in a rush.

would it be worth saving up a little more for the bl or q series? I'm going for mostly daily listening, tuning around 30-32. sound good? its going in a 2003 focus hatchback, i have about 5cuft. of space to work with

To be honest man.. You could get a lot better sub/s for the price and you would get them faster... But the cooling option is always good so you don't get the coils too hot.. But it's whatever you wanna do. I suggest getting a different brand of speakers man..

what would you suggest for that kind of setup and buget? under 500 for both subs. i was thinking about sundown too maybe, but was leaning more towards FI. any suggestions and reasoning?

I was looking more for 2 12's rather than one, i was hoping to get maybe a small hairtrick since its such a small cab(being a hatch and all) do you think with just like 1 18 id get more air movement? kinda sketched about that too though, i dont want it to sound too muddy for the rock, but i know in a well designed and built box that shouldnt be an issue

To be honest man.. You could get a lot better sub/s for the price and you would get them faster... But the cooling option is always good so you don't get the coils too hot.. But it's whatever you wanna do. I suggest getting a different brand of speakers man..
Can you list these better speakers for the price?

Seems like all the good speakers you have to wait a month or more for..... That's why they have such a I high resale value. And the fact they can be rebuilt. Lol

I was looking more for 2 12's rather than one, i was hoping to get maybe a small hairtrick since its such a small cab(being a hatch and all) do you think with just like 1 18 id get more air movement? kinda sketched about that too though, i dont want it to sound too muddy for the rock, but i know in a well designed and built box that shouldnt be an issue
Single evil or sp4 18" both are nice woofers .. I'd go evil outta those 2 if you can afford it

Tantric is about the only other "sub for the price" I'd consider.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.