FH-P800BT vs 880PRS

DoobieBrother
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I currently have an 880PRS in my truck, but it looks kind of funny given that the truck has a double din opening. Everything works fine, but I'm about to get an iPod. I'm considering just getting the CD-IB100II adapter to control it and being done, but I've read lots of reviews about it being slow and such. So, I'm kind of thinking of getting the FH-P800BT so that it looks more like it was meant to be in the truck and better controlling of the iPod and then selling the 880PRS.

So the question is this. I have a very simple system in the truck. (880PRS, Focal 165V2's running passive, JL W3 10" and a JBL amp driving it all). Given my setup what would be any significant advantage of one head unit over the other?

Thoughts?

Side note, I want to put this in an `03 GMC Sierra pickup. I know I may have to do a touche of cutting at the back of the head unit for it to slide in all the way, but does anyone know if I have to do anything else including anything in the way of mount brackets? Also I have PAC adapters for steering wheel controls and door chimes. I'm assuming those would still work, yes?

I think the p800bt looks badass. I was actually thinking of getting it for my f350 because 1. the single din hu's look weird with the double din opening, and 2. every new double din looks like crap with the p800bt being the sole exception.

And I have a 800prs in my car, and I think it fits cars better than trucks and larger vehicles

I just bought the FH-P800BT today and after i get it installed I'll take some pics and tell you what I think. I picked this HU for the same reasons because of my DD opening, I have a F250 Superduty CC

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DoobieBrother

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
DoobieBrother
Frisco, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date