Few questions on Wire/Wiring

da_bOm
10+ year member

Aight boyz (n gals) iam in need of some help here, I have a JBL BP1200.1 for my 2 12' Type R's, i got a few questions for y'all. First off is there a noticiable difference is speaker wire, like from this plain jane wire or say a lighting audio wire?. Next iam trying to decide what size wire to run to my amp from the battery, should i go 8 or 4? will 4 be that much better? but iam then if i go 4gauge concerned about a fire hazard (rather not have my ride go up into flames!) any help would be most appreciated

If you're gonna be running a JBL 1200, you'll want to use 4 gauge wire, 8 gauge is just too small. As for using brand name wiring, some people say that the more expensive stuff works better because of better insulation and all but for the most part, as long as you use Oxygen free copper wire, you'll be ok...I use all Stinger, but i guess its all about personal preference.

Keep it loud!

JELLYDIME

Jellydime is right. The only thing that I will add is the cheaper wire tends to corrode rather quickly. Cheaper wire generaly has a smaller strand count which limits flexability and could restrict the signal transfer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.