fbi90909's TC LMS 5400 15 + Saz3000D rebuild + fiberglass

and the pile of saw dust

100_2122.jpg

that concludes my update for today. i did get my suede yesterday. really nice color. only downfall is it doesn't stretch much of any which may cause an issue, we will see. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

tomorrow i plan on gluing the box and assembling it in the trunk to it's proper resting location. when it's in place i'll then start fitting the rear dash panel to get the speaker grills cut and make way for the port flares. hope fully i can take care of it all in the morning as in the afternoon i need to cut a hole into some guys firewall so he can run some 4ga wire in his altima. lul. when i saw the wire i laughed cause i haven't used 4ga for a sub setup in a very long time.

any comments, suggestions? hit me up!

oh yeah, pulled this saw dust booger out my nose too. lol

100_2107.jpg

time for a shower!

no one cares? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i have an update for today but now i don't know if i should even bother uploading pics..

Looks good man. How do you like the car? I'm considering picking one just like that up for daily and scrappin the 99' civic for a project whip.
honda civic *****. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Looks good. I like the string/nail method you used to outline your cutout ( I use a straw myself)

The police thing would have definatley caught me off guard....*flushes stash*

alright well for today i got up round 10am and headed out to get me some breakfast. a corn dog, cherry bawls, and XXX vitamin water. first i started out with putting the sub into the enclosure w/o the bottom section of the box so i could get measurements and a template fir a motor brace. i got pics of the sub in but no pics of the actual motor brace that i made. it'll come around. after i did that i began to glue a 3-piece section of the enclosure that will fit in the trunk. after i set the parts to be glued i began working on the amp rack seeing as how i have the boxes marked location in the trunk giving me a base work area for the rack. after a little measuring, tinkering, and re-building i feel i came up with a pretty decent amp rack. it's going to be hidden so looks aren't too big of a deal to me. i still need to run one plank across the bottom of the rack so i can mount my third amp. it's pretty cool and space saving to have all 3 amps i have onto one single rack.

i'm glad i took care of more wood cutting today cause my neighbors weren't home for the second time which gave me that freedom to make as much noise as i wanted. tomorrow through Wednesday i can't do much of any loud noise cause the time i get off work and it being late in the afternoon. though Thursday i go on leave and i can make noise again if needed in the day time, though i think i'm all set on any major cutting at the point.

on to the pics!!

sub mounted for measurements

100_2140.jpg

template of motor for brace

100_2141.jpg

my gluing method. i run a bead of glue, then spread it evenly with my finger, then i add another thin layer of glue behind it

100_2142.jpg

100_2143.jpg

100_2144.jpg

this is the positioning of how i want the amp rack to sit in the trunk

100_2145.jpg

100_2146.jpg

100_2147.jpg

not bad, quite satisfied with it.

then i had to center it so i could mark my locations down for the final resting place.

100_2157.jpg

100_2158.jpg

tape marked my location

100_2159.jpg

100_2160.jpg

pulled the rack ouit then i decided to check and see if i could mount my kicker amp(mids) under it. which i will leave mounted under

100_2162.jpg

100_2163.jpg

then below the kicker on a flat plank i will then mount my profile amp(tweets)

100_2164.jpg

right at that time i ended up having to stop so i could work on this other kids car. ran some 6ga from the batt to the trunk, installs 2 speakers in his rear doors(there were none), and pre-ran some wires he has for a sub setups. kid runs lotta cheap equipment. he want's me to install some jensen 2din size headunit thing as well so i have to order a dash kit and wire harness. i'm charging him 75 bucks for everything. though, i should charge him more for the installation.

oh well. cheap cubans //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

anyways tomorrow i plan on gluing the rest of the enclosure inside the trunk peice by peice. while that is gluing i will then cut up the rear dash poanel to make way for the port flares. i don't expect to get too much done tomorrow since i have work. so i will leave it with that. i feel i'm making some good progress right now

OH! on a side note, does anyone know what GLUE i can use to re-attach the weather stripping for the trunk lining? when i pull mine off i need to know what i can use so that if i ever do need to remove it again it won't be too much of a hassle.

What don't you like about the civic? jw
electrical *****, power to weight ratio *****(ie: weight of car+ passangers + trunk = slow ass fucking car).

don't get me wrong it's a nice car and a great daily driver, but when it comes to performance it fails. the electrical is a pain. i have to balance all my equipment to be dependant on a 12v system unlike most other cars that are 14v happy.

Looking nice, i like how the amp rack is setup.... When i wall off my beater car this summer its the exact way im gonna have my amps setup.

Definately in for sum more pics though.

electrical *****, power to weight ratio *****(ie: weight of car+ passangers + trunk = slow ass fucking car).don't get me wrong it's a nice car and a great daily driver, but when it comes to performance it fails. the electrical is a pain. i have to balance all my equipment to be dependant on a 12v system unlike most other cars that are 14v happy.
I hear ya on the electrical. I don't want to put my current setup in the car just because of all the electrical upgrades that HAVE to be done with these cars. Quick ?, do you have any problems with the window regulators from the bass in your car?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

fbi90909

5,000+ posts
Panty Thief
fbi90909
Key West, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date