fbi90909's TC LMS 5400 15 + Saz3000D rebuild + fiberglass

not too much got done today. added more deadening and took care of the drivers side of the rear seat opening. did front and back of that brace that rest at an angle. um, i ended up unhooking all my speaker wires and amps from the car so now i have no music. i'll have to re-route all the wires so at least now i can seal up the holes that need to be sealed.

i'll be picking up a can of Great Stuff foam and spraying in certain cavities to "plug" them up.

here's a pic of today's progress.

100_2089.jpg

and my new rats nest.

100_2090.jpg

not so bad though.

well my 4 yards of spandex came in today. all i need to wait for is my suede and my sound processor.

still need to go buy wood too :/

ok, a little more progress done today. laid the rest of the sound deadener. 25sqft really doesn't cover much area so i wasn't able to multi layer much of the seat floor. i did multi layer the wheel well though.

i then began to re-run the wires and clean them up a little. the blue tape is temp to hold the wires down. or i may just leave it there as there is no harm as it's just positioning the wires flat.

i also used a can of expanding foam to seal up a large crater where the wires ran from. there is blue tape there to contain it in an area. tomorrow i'll pull that off. i'm finalizing the enclosure plans so i can pick up my wood tomorrow and begin work on it on saturday morning. as soon as my enclosure is sitting in place i can begin to fiberglass the panels.

here's what pics are in!

all RCA's and Speaker wires run on the drivers side.

100_2094.jpg

100_2091.jpg

Power wire, remote, and 12v feed to voltage meter run on the passenger side.

100_2092.jpg

100_2093.jpg

How you liking that deadner? I need some and not sure to go expensive router or cheap route lol..
it's alright.

it has reduced road noise from the rear some but it's still loud being that i have nothing in the rear of the car to help dampen the echo of the trunk. it is a nice difference being that Honda's aren't all too great with their stock deadening or "ok" body panels.

i'll get a better feel for it once everything is in the car.

**** my camry wont fit no 15'' sealed into cabin only a 12'' WTF! must be nice:( my trunk is huge but goes down small towards cabin area to about 14'' //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif gayness nice build man that shits gon be rediculously loud

**** my camry wont fit no 15'' sealed into cabin only a 12'' WTF! must be nice:( my trunk is huge but goes down small towards cabin area to about 14'' //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif gayness nice build man that shits gon be rediculously loud
judging by the enclosure specs i'm looking at having to build in the trunk again. no biggies. it's pretty easy.

Jealous.

subscribed.

We need atleast 5-10 vids from the end product //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

alright, well yesterday i didn't get much of anything done other than finalizing my enclosures measurements. though i did go out and pick up my needed supplies.

paint brushes, respirator filters, some screws, some silicon sealant, and 2 sheets of MDF.

so today i wake up round 9'ish. have me some left over pizza hut lasagna(it's not as thick as it seems like in the commercial), printed out my cut sheet and away i go!

first off, after i ate and went to the kitchen to rinse off my plate i see this

100_2100.jpg

100_2101.jpg

they were going to the house where the copper like color car is at(far right). they arrested some negro.

well this is my set up work station. lol

100_2098.jpg

setting the circular saw.

100_2099.jpg

the half way there mess after 1 sheet

100_2102.jpg

my mounting hole guide tool

100_2104.jpg

100_2105.jpg

**** yo router! Jigsaw FTW

100_2106.jpg

test fitting the top assembly(glad i didn't have to lug the whole motor around)

100_2110.jpg

lining up the top baffle to the 2nd baffle

100_2111.jpg

cut 2nd mounting hole

100_2112.jpg

screwed the second baffle to the first.

100_2114.jpg

test fitting again

100_2113.jpg

now at this point, the enclosure is nicely set and all screwed together with a few screws. the reason why i screwed it all together was to test fit it into the trunk so i can see if i needed to build it in the trunk ot not. PLUS, i needed to set it in the right place in the trunk so i could find out where i needed the port opening on the top of the box being that i have to line it up with the speaker openings on the rear deck.

well, upon a FEW tries at different angles the whole box will not be able to go into the trunk as 1. what ***** is i have to break it down into 2 pieces which i already have figured out. after sitting it in the trunk and properly sitting it while it was partially re-assembled i took a few pics to give you guys an idea of where it will look like(sort of).

front view

100_2121.jpg

100_2120.jpg

100_2119.jpg

rear view

100_2118.jpg

100_2117.jpg

100_2116.jpg

well after i dis assembled the needed to remove parts i then cut out the 4" holes for the pipe. i have to say it is a tight sitting for these flared ports. i think the mounting high may have to change a little when it's inside of the car. i'm going to have to wait till the box is in the car and i can cut up the rear dash panel.

here's what it somewhat looks like overall. the ports will be higher but this just gives you a general idea.

100_2123.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

fbi90909

5,000+ posts
Panty Thief
fbi90909
Key West, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date