Favorite brands of amplifiers??????

Soundstream SA, USA, Rubicon & Reference SeriesZapco Studio, Reference, Z Series

Sundown SAX & SAZ Series

US Amps VLX & Merlin Series

Orion Pre-DEI

Phoenix Gold MS, Ti, ZX, Xenon Series

US Acoustics USA Series

ZED Audio All

Rockford Fosgate "a/." Series and earlier

Cadence A Series

Kicker ZR Series

That should be all. I have not owned all, but I have played with or installed and tested above.
I like the list:cool:

I always forget A/D/S Pre-DEI. But I think they have fallen too far out of the mainstream. If I was in a position to buy only passive components, I would use their 3-ways.
Yah they make great components!!!!

The old school ppi pc series & art series are to me the best! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/awesome.gif.4430a219d9aaaa6cadc75e9290979dfb.gif
Never ran ppi, but have seen many great things about the old school gear!!!

My first "real" amp was a PPI PC250, purchased for $350 at age 17, **** near 3 months' worth if savings. I still wish I had it.

Currently I'm in to MTX old school stuff, all the Made in USA goodies circa 1998-2000 (when I worked at the Circuit City Chode Shop). Love all the power in a small footprint thing.

And I'll have a special place in my heart for Alpine amps too. Soon I'll try out the new PDX for giggles.

My first "real" amp was a PPI PC250, purchased for $350 at age 17, **** near 3 months' worth if savings. I still wish I had it.
Currently I'm in to MTX old school stuff, all the Made in USA goodies circa 1998-2000 (when I worked at the Circuit City Chode Shop). Love all the power in a small footprint thing.

And I'll have a special place in my heart for Alpine amps too. Soon I'll try out the new PDX for giggles.
The pdx's are great amps, very clean output!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

See my "user title"Zed era.

I've had them for close to 5 yrs. I doubt I'll ever buy another amp for my car.
The black or the blue ones? I had a buddy that ran a blue 50c at retarded low impedances. I didnt get to mess with the black ones too much but I installed/owned a large number of the blue ones.

Sick, sick amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.