FatMat

I didnt read half of that b*tching that just took place, but anyway back to the topic. I bought 10sqft of 80 mil, I put it on my trunk lid not completely but probably like 70%, then did a couple large pieces on the trunk ceiling, and a few spots around the opening. I have about 4 feet left. I can already tell that this is stuff is great, just closing my trunk sounds super solid when before it sounded very hollow and rattled. I had the stuff siting in my car for about a week, basically cooking in my trunk, to see if it could really stand up to the heat before putting it on. When i started trying to put it on, the wax paper didnt want to come off, which makes sense cause of how hot it has been. So i just took it and put it in the freezer for about 5 minutes, then the wax paper came off easily. I didnt do much prep work and i dont have a roller. I use put in on my hands and pressed down the entire piece thoroughly with my thumbs. It stays and went on great. No problems with coming off in the heat, in fact im pretty the heat makes it stay on better. I'm very happy with it, I don't see how anything good be better than it by much. Great value in my opinion

Ya, thats not going to last. I DID lol @ "So i just took it and put it in the freezer for about 5 minutes, then the wax paper came off easily." Im also lol-ing @ "I didnt do much prep work and i dont have a roller. I use put in on my hands and pressed down the entire piece thoroughly with my thumbs" & "No problems with coming off in the heat, in fact im pretty the heat makes it stay on better"

Ya, thats not going to last. I DID lol @ "So i just took it and put it in the freezer for about 5 minutes, then the wax paper came off easily." Im also lol-ing @ "I didnt do much prep work and i dont have a roller. I use put in on my hands and pressed down the entire piece thoroughly with my thumbs" & "No problems with coming off in the heat, in fact im pretty the heat makes it stay on better"
Sorry that you're butthurt about having to buy a roller when i just used my hands and essentially did the same thing for no cost, I used rubbing alcohol and a cloth it didnt make much difference because the lid was already pretty clean. Its not going to last because why? Obviously the deadener was doing its job by sticking to the wax paper when hot, its supposed to be designed to stick to surfaces when it gets hot. Since it is designed that way, I had to get the deadener down to room temperature at the least instead of over 90 degrees. It's called using your brain dumb@ss

That's an almost entirely false statement. The roller and HH-66 Vinyl Contact Cement I sell can be purchased elsewhere. Everything else I sell is made specifically for me and can't be bought anywhere else. If you mean that something similar to everything I sell can be bought for less elsewhere, that's true - just as it's true for everything else in the world. Sort of a weak point, don't you think?
Yes I do think your point is weak. You try to say I said nothing true based on a nuance. You admitted it was such by saying the bolded. You have a habit of getting into quarreling matches on here. I was linked by a buddy I work with (we are correctional officers... not that it matters but we get to talking when transporting and you came up) the other day to you getting destroyed in a bickering match and because of your attitude I will never buy any products from you. You are petty and small. You are anything but professional. I'm sure you will reply to this with something condescending that you think is particularly clever. I'm counting on it, that way EVEN MORE people can see what kind of person you are.

Yes I do think your point is weak. You try to say I said nothing true based on a nuance. You admitted it was such by saying the bolded. You have a habit of getting into quarreling matches on here. I was linked by a buddy I work with (we are correctional officers... not that it matters but we get to talking when transporting and you came up) the other day to you getting destroyed in a bickering match and because of your attitude I will never buy any products from you. You are petty and small. You are anything but professional. I'm sure you will reply to this with something condescending that you think is particularly clever. I'm counting on it, that way EVEN MORE people can see what kind of person you are.
And the difference between steak and grizzle, Pinto and Porsche is nuance too, I suppose? Your statement was absolutely false. The only possible explanations I can see are that you were either being deliberately misleading toward some end or don't know what you are talking about. If there's a third option I''m all ears. Regardless of the cause, you live in a different world than I do if you think lying in this context is acceptable. Your statements were false. Your rationalizations are your own business.

Sorry that you're butthurt about having to buy a roller when i just used my hands and essentially did the same thing for no cost, I used rubbing alcohol and a cloth it didnt make much difference because the lid was already pretty clean. Its not going to last because why? Obviously the deadener was doing its job by sticking to the wax paper when hot, its supposed to be designed to stick to surfaces when it gets hot. Since it is designed that way, I had to get the deadener down to room temperature at the least instead of over 90 degrees. It's called using your brain dumb@ss
Let me know how that works out for you in a year or so with your asphalt based garbage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Let me know how that works out for you in a year or so with your asphalt based garbage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
He has Audio Technix 80 mil. There is no asphalt in it.

Fi-brations I suggest you go back over it with a roller.

He has Audio Technix 80 mil. There is no asphalt in it.
Fi-brations I suggest you go back over it with a roller.
Ah, Nice.. I have AT as well, and know it is not asphalt.. As this topic is titled, and at the core, about Fatmat, I assumed he was referencing it. Apologies. He still needs to use a roller (as you said) and I recommend a heat gun.. without proper prep and application, even the best deadener falls off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

BFeezy

10+ year member
Sneakerhead
BFeezy
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies