Faint crackle coming from all 4 speakers after install...

Participant count
  • Participant list

jglove

I just recently replaced all of the factory speakers in my 2004 GMC Sierra Crew Cab with Infinity Kappa 6.5s. I also installed a Kenwood Kac-8405 720-Watt 4/3/2-Channel Amplifier to power the speakers. I have the power wire run down the driver side of the truck and the RCAs run down the passenger side. The power wire is 4 gauge and runs to a distribution block by the amp where it tapers down to an 8 gauge wire connected to the amp. I kept the factory head unit and used a PAC AOEMGM24 Add An Amp Interface to run the RCAs. The previous owner of the truck had an iSimple PXAMG Gateway installed to provide an iPod input. So, the iSimple unit and the PAC Add Amp interface are both plugged into the factory harness. Everything is working great and the sound overall is fantastic. But, I've noticed that when I turn the volume up to a moderate level and pause the music, I can hear a faint crackle out of all of the speakers. I've disconnected and reconnected all of the speaker wires and RCAs one by one to see if the noise stopped, but no luck. The ground wire is solid. I've narrowed it down and realized that the crackle seems to only be present when using the iPod input. I can't hear it on the radio or when playing a cd. So, I'm a little at a loss. Do you think that the iSimple unit has an issue? Would an inline noise filter help? Any suggestions anyone? I appreciate your thoughts...

Just get a cdr-w and use itunes to make an mp3 cd which you can add like 300 songs to and erase at any point to add new songs to. Or get a head unit that supports ipods. Clearly your iSimple is junk.

Edit. Scratch that. The factory hu prolly cant even play mp3 cd's so you'd be best off getting a new hu

Babykinns - The head unit is fine and the iSimple has worked perfectly for a long time until the installation of the amp and new speakers. I'm interested in solutions other than replacing the head unit which I kept because I like the factory look. No way I'm going do use a cd when I can use Spotify on my phone and have access to unlimited music. Thanks for your input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.