Factory stereo bass reduction ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fishx65
10+ year member

Michigan
Been out of the car stereo game since the 80's!!! Planning on adding a sub and amp to a 2011 Edge with the basic factory system. I know these radios have some kind of bass reduction feature. Would it sound OK if I just added a sub and amp with a line level converter or is the bass reduction that extreme? To old to be a big thumper but I wanna use some of this stuff that's been sitting in a closet for 25+ years.

I've got some nice old amps (Orion, Precision Power, Hafler and Alpine), an Audio Control 2xs, a very cool old Sony indash crossover called the XEC 505. I'm thinking of installing the XEC505 under a seat to handle crossover duties for the sub.

Audiocontrol LC2 is a LOC that restores loss bass. It's worth every penny. Check on Amazon
Yes, I know these are available and that MTX also made a decent one. I'm just wondering if I'll be fine without bass restoration. I believe the Sony XEC505 does have bass level adjustment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.