Factory sound processors?

Without a dedicated sub?.. better set your goals accordingly if you're asking.

Treat them doors as best you can for the best lows you'll get... but dont think the "woofer" in that component set will accomplish much actual sub-bass. 

As to whether your planned processor is gonna get the job done... I'll leave answering that to others.

Good luck! 

The processors fine just not sure why you'd buy a component set. The advantage of a dsp is being able to choose your own crossover points. To me buying components that come with a crossover is a waste of money if you have a dsp

If you don't prep your doors might as well keep it factory 

So when you say prep the doors...  Do you mean dynomat etc?

Not trying to sound dumb, it's just happening by accident lol
Yeah it doesn't have to be dynomat. Nico I think I spelled that right on Amazon is decent budget friendly deadening. Around 36 sq ft for around 60 be a while since I bought any. 

Think of your door as an enclosure because that's what it is. Seal off all the holes. Cover as much as you can. Inner and outer .Some foam between speakers and door panels. They sale what's called fast rings a few other car audio companies  sell them too. I just use a garage door foam type seal for a lot less. 

If you don't you will have very little bass response kinda important without a sub wouldn't ya think

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!  I may just treat the doors then.  I wonder, if I need to, I suppose I could always do an under the seat subwoofer.  I had one once, but it didn't seem to do much... :(   I don't think anyone makes a factory looking subwoofer kit for my car..

Stinger expert roadkill is a much thicker and cheaper alternative than dynamat. However dynamat alone wont do much. You'd want to get some sheet metal or mass loaded vinyl to cover the gaps in your door and turn the door into a proper fully enclosed speaker box with minimal air gaps around.  Get some fast rings or weather strip foam tape to make a gasket around the speaker.

I guess I just don't understand buying a 6 700 dollar amp and going cheap on the install. 

Some dayton mids and highs something like a kicker key amplifier and door prep would've been what I'd done for around 400 but that's just me I guess 🏳back to lurking around.

Stinger expert roadkill is a much thicker and cheaper alternative than dynamat. However dynamat alone wont do much. You'd want to get some sheet metal or mass loaded vinyl to cover the gaps in your door and turn the door into a proper fully enclosed speaker box with minimal air gaps around.  Get some fast rings or weather strip foam tape to make a gasket around the speaker.
noico cheaper and same 80mil thickness, I have both in the rolla cant tell the difference in hand

noico cheaper and same 80mil thickness, I have both in the rolla cant tell the difference in hand
I used both too, the aluminium backing on the stinger is far stronger than noico imo. noico is nice to deaden but the stinger feels better to deaden and slightly brace.  The noico is so flimsy in comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, so far here is my plan I guess.

Infinity Kappa 90csx for the front doors, skip the back doors, and use that money to prep the doors

roadkill to prep/treat the doors

1/4" gasket to seal the speaker to the door

audiocontrol D-4.800 for the dsp...

I'm thinking I like the thought of treating the doors, because my guess is it'll also make the car quieter?  or will just the front doors do next to nothing for road noise?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.