Factory Remote starter?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hi, i drive a 2006 chevrolet malibu lt 3.5l v6.

i believe it came with a remote starter, when i bought it, i was given 2 key chains, i took both to dealership(they paid i dont know how much) and i believe they only programmed one?

is it possible i can program my spare one myself? as my other one seems to not fully function.

thanks

hi, i drive a 2006 chevrolet malibu lt 3.5l v6.
i believe it came with a remote starter, when i bought it, i was given 2 key chains, i took both to dealership(they paid i dont know how much) and i believe they only programmed one?

is it possible i can program my spare one myself? as my other one seems to not fully function.

thanks
bump

you should be able to program replacement remotes yourself. look in your manual for the instructions. The dealer only has to activate the remote start.
oh okay ill try looking, if anyone can find it please post. thanks

you should be able to program replacement remotes yourself. look in your manual for the instructions. The dealer only has to activate the remote start.
cant find anything relating to remote starter //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.