Factory Radio Removal procedure/directions

somekook
10+ year member

only 15"s
why is it impossible for me to find out how to remove the stock radio from my 1998 deville? im sure its not complex, i just want to do it RIGHT the first time and i havent bought the dash kit that usually comes with the procedure. anyone know where i can find the directions/procedure online?

yeah dude, I'm sure if you serached google, you can find something on that year. I have a 08 WRX I bought in O7 and there was NO info for it. Took some advise and went out and pulled, EASY. Poped off. Just take care around anything that has resistance while pulling. Usualy manufactures put screws where you cant see them to make the cabin look better (if there are any screws) so keep that in mind. Good luck!

haha nah i was bein sarcastic because usually thats the perfect way to break some clips or somethin and this interior is still perfect im really tryin not to mess it up but if its actually that simple ill give it a gentle* try

dude I was so worried in my car, but it really was that simple. You can look at the worklog linked in the bottom of my sig for the WRX. somewhere in the mid is what the clips look like. I know your car is different, but from the sound of the other posters that have worked on your car. It sounds just as simple.

haha nah i was bein sarcastic because usually thats the perfect way to break some clips or somethin and this interior is still perfect im really tryin not to mess it up but if its actually that simple ill give it a gentle* try
it is that simple foo

volvo's with removable radios ftmfw!

Step 1: Press clips on side of stock radio

Step 2: Pull out and unplug wires

Install:

Step 1: Slide HU in (after plugging in wire harness)

Step 2: Friction lock it with dash kit

I'm not worried about it being stolen because it looks impossible to take out and is! You physically can't remove it without moving the shifter back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.