Factory harness...no remote/antenna wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

geowick07
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I am in the middle of an install for a friend. Amp and sub, connecting to pre-installed Sony HU. The vehicle is a 1999 Ford F-150.

I was attempting to wire the remote wire, when I discovered that the Ford side of the harness does not have either amp or antenna leads. Two wires are missing from the harness, as if they were never there to begin with.

The Sony harness has these wires, but that won't do me any good, as there is no power or anything going to them, (right?).

My question is: can I use the switched (red) 12volt wire as a remote? Doesn't seem that it would be a problem, but since it isn't my vehicle, I would like to be sure before experimenting.

Thanks in advance for any help!

geo

use the blue one....its not gona be a wire from the harness cuz the harness doesnt need an amp turn on...just wire the remote to the amp and it will turn it on...thats how it works...

use the blue one....its not gona be a wire from the harness cuz the harness doesnt need an amp turn on...just wire the remote to the amp and it will turn it on...thats how it works...
So basically the HU sends the signal out of itself, and doesn't need a connection at the harness? Just splice to the blue wire (currently not connected to anything) to the remote wire?

Sorry for stupid ?'s. Just wanna get this right, and not cook something.

geo

If you are running a amp than you take the blue wire i think with white stripe and run a wire from that to the amp. If not that you are not going to use it. If you need further help aim me at reimermatt.

Yes, your head unit will ahve a blue wire (remote) that you have to run a seperate wire from your amp to your deck. You splice the 2 wires together and tahts all. The head unit tells the amp to turn on when the ignition control wire turns on.

funny how people change their mind on what is the right thing to do in just 7 minutes.....

I'll never let Chin_Chilla install a h/u in my vehicles.
I was under the empression his head unit didnt have the remote wire genius, shut your mouth

I am in the middle of an install for a friend. Amp and sub, connecting to pre-installed Sony HU. The vehicle is a 1999 Ford F-150. I was attempting to wire the remote wire, when I discovered that the Ford side of the harness does not have either amp or antenna leads.
Reading pwns you sir....

post dumping...never in this post did i dump....bashing...well i've seen worse....grow some balls and chill out dont let your lil e-dick get wet cuz someone made fun of you....

post dumping...never in this post did i dump....bashing...well i've seen worse....grow some balls and chill out dont let your lil e-dick get wet cuz someone made fun of you....
Very mature...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Just goes to show where this forum is going...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.