Factory 5 channel amp for doors and aftermarket amp for aftermarket sub?? Will it wor

Participant count
  • Participant list

Its_finessed

I wired in a sub in the back of my 04 escalade (nothing big, fits perfect for what I want, -land I was curious if I could use this sub and the aftermarket amp with my factory BOSE amp, I don't want to spend money I don't have and get a $200 amp for my door speakers l... if it won't work I will just wait and go buy 1 when I get the extra spending money.. any help?

I did the same thing for my M5 initially. You will need a Line Out Converter (LOC) and find either the stock subwoofer (if present) or tap into the rear channel speaker wire to get signal. I initially used a Fisher Price LOC from best buy. (I think the brand was Truconnect or something like that.) Really cheap, but got the job done. I am now in process of redoing the whole system adding an Audiocontrol DQ-61 and getting real power to the speakers. I have done this in parts, and just replacing the best buy LOC with a proper unit made a huge difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.