Factor in rise when wiring subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jaymann107
10+ year member

I have very little knowledge when it comes to rise so here is what I need to know. I have three dual 4ohm voice coil 10's that are wired to 2.6 (but DMM reads 3.7) and the weird thing is they are in a sealed box. All coils read close to the same 4.3.

Ok so in theory I can wire my subs to 2.6 or .6 and the amp I have is a AP15001d. I would like to wire them to .6 and factor in the rise and feel comfortable. In my opinion I do not have the elctrical to wire the amp below 1ohm but that is the reason for the post. Electrical consist of stock 105amp ALT, big 3 done in 0gauge and 4 gauge ran to the back from the stock Acura battery. Lastly I'm done spending money so it boils down to wire the subs to 2.6 or .6 as is. Opinions?

.6 ohms with that electrical isnt an option IMO. even with rise, you're looking at ~1 ohm i'm guessing and that 1500 will pull a lot more than 105 amps.

Well to add to it I had a RF T8002 (A/B) wired down to 2.6 and that thing was a power hog and my lights did not dim and the volts did not drop below mid 12's (according to the gauge on my crappy cap) with the electrical above. Honestly I'm sure I will be more than happy with the amp wired to 2.6ohms. thanks for the input though. It helped me decide.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.