SOLD F/S - 3 broken amps, 2 working subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

low00ranger
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
USA
I've had all this stuff just laying around for a while and am trying to get rid of it. On everything listed, you make an offer + cover shipping costs.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

First off is this Kenwood Tornado 10 inch subwoofer. 4 ohm single voice coil. I bought this about 4 years ago and ran it for 6 months before I upgraded to a pair of Image Dynamics 10s. It has been sitting around since then. I tested it this afternoon and it still works fine. Paid $50 plus shipping new.

pb151.JPG

pb153.JPG

Next up is this Powerbass 15 inch subwoofer. Dual 4 ohm voice coils, rated for 300W RMS. Bought this to install for a friend's Maxima who backed out before I even started building the box. It hasn't been hooked up. I've only taken it out of the shrink rap to examine the quality of the magnet, cone and surround. Paid $45 plus shipping new.

Now, on to the amps, and these all have problems:

image011.jpg

image005.jpg

image008.jpg

Bought this Profile California 4400 series with the Kenwood Tornado 10. Don't know the specs but I can look them up if anyone shows interest. 4 channels, bridgeable. Probably does close to 300W RMS total real world power. Problem with it as you can see, is the broken ch 1 RCA input jack. Last time I hooked it up, it worked fine in the 4 channel mode with my RCAs plugged into the ch 3 and ch 4 jacks. Paid $60 plus shipping new.

image006.jpg

image009.jpg

Then we have this Jensen amp from WalMart that used to be ALL the rage. This one is 5-6 years old but has sat for probably 4 years now. 4 channel, rated for 400 watts. It was a great amp until my buddy bridged it a 2 ohms. It didn't play long, just cut of with no noises, smoke, or anything. Still has no output. Fuse is still intact so it is an internal problem.

image007.jpg

image010.jpg

Last up is this MTX Thunder 4300X 4 channel amp. I bought this one used for $150 and it had this current problem, to a lesser degree. When I got the amp, it would play fine when the RCA end cables were in just the perfect position. I could stick a small piece of plastic between the RCA ends in order to point them inwards, and the amp would play fine. The problem slow got worse to where I had to spend more and more time repositioning the RCA cable ends to get clean output. As it sits now, I can't get a pure signal out of it. I can only get pure noise, or about half of the true audio signal. I am pretty sure this is a bad RCA jack connection on the circuit board - the amp never overheated or went into protect. It benched at about 270 watts RMS per channel in 2 channel mode at 2 ohms per channel. This WAS a good amp, and could still be if someone knows how to fix this.

I know most of this stuff isn't high-end or in perfect condition. The good stuff is hooked up in my truck. But I am hoping someone can get something out of this stuff so we can both benefit. Especially the amps, and the MTX one in particular - if someone knows how to fix amps this would be a great opportunity. PM me offers if interested.

I didn't know the price rule. I'm thinking $35 shipped for the PB 15 as well as the Kenwood 10.

I'm also thinking $90 shipped for the 3 amps, mostly because of the MTX's value to me and because it will probably run $40 to ship the 3.

Pulled out the Powerbass sub today and saw that it has dual 4 ohm voice coils, not single. That is an older pic of the sub posted above.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.