extra battery help question

jonnybusa
10+ year member

200mph club...turbo busa
XXX, usa
I never had to use an extra battery but wanna try it out. I have no idea how to hook one up to an existing system, and my search really didnt answer my questions.

Now, if I buy an extra battery, can I just wire it right in line w/ my stock battery, or do I have to do something special?

I'm hoping to just buy another like the stocker, and run it in line w/ my stocker and go.

Will this work, or is there more to it?

Alts for my car are rediculously over priced....almost $400 for a 200a, so F that........

its really simple run 1/0 awg wire from the car batt to the second batt make sure u have 250 or 300 amp inline fuse. the ground ground it in bare chasis this is important . so basicly + from car batt to + to the second batt and ground is ground . now u may have to upgrade ur alt or do the big 3 it would really help getting 2 batt charge. if u have any q just let me know hope this helps you

its really simple run 1/0 awg wire from the car batt to the second batt make sure u have 250 or 300 amp inline fuse. the ground ground it in bare chasis this is important . so basicly + from car batt to + to the second batt and ground is ground . now u may have to upgrade ur alt or do the big 3 it would really help getting 2 batt charge. if u have any q just let me know hope this helps you
I already have the big 3 done in 0 guage, but thats it. So just run it inline....thats easy. thanks

its that simple also add another fuse once u get power from the second batt to ur amps or dist block.
ok....next question is do i use the same size cca battery as the stocker, or can i go bigger?

thanks

I ran (2) 1/0awg runs from my the + and - battery in the front to the + and - to the battery in the trunk. I wouldn't use your stock battery in the trunk, get a dry cell battery at least. You also need to fuse the power line close to the front batter and close to the rear battery.

in my 2005 chrysler 300, my stock battery is already in the trunk, so I'm guessing its vented well enuff, and I think I can even fit another battery in the same area, so they'll both be out of the way.

****, I just HATE pulling everything out of the trunk to do this, but it can only help....

thanks for the input guys!!!!

Hate to jack your thread, but Im interested in putting in another battery too. Ima little confused...are we wiring to the posts or to the terminals? Cuz I got a GM side-terminal thingy...in my 1990 blazer s10 so the adapter for amps kinda...makes it impossible to jump wires to an extra battery....so what do i do?

I have a red top with side posts up front and a yellow top in the back. I used to use a battery isolator but found out when i disconnectd it that I was losing half a volt because of diodes. now my alt has 1/0 from it to the side post on the red top, red top side post neg has 2 1/0 awg wires about 6" long to the chassis. red top pos top post has 1/0 running to yellow top side post. yellow top ground side post has 2 1/0 awg to chassis. yellow top top post has amp power and amp ground runs to yellow top neg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jonnybusa

10+ year member
200mph club...turbo busa
jonnybusa
XXX, usa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date