Exterior Ports? Calculation

Participant count
  • Participants list

AndyGiff

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hi everyone! I was wondering since the calculation of determining the port of your enclosure includes the port displacement on the interior space etc, is there a different formula for calculating a port for the exterior of the enclosure? I figured since there would be more available volume inside the enclosure but cant find anything on it. Or do you just add in the volume of the port to the interior volume of the enclosure when calculating it? I would normally use a "port calculator" for this but since I was looking at an exterior port is there something different you need to do when calculating it? I tried searching around for an answer but I am just seeing the normal port calculators etc. If anyone knows please fill me in or if you have a link that can explain the differences in calculation that would be great as well!

Ty guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.