Extending the range?

dantheman8328
10+ year member

is there any way to extend the range of my 791vx? i have the antenna located above my front windshield and at the edge of my headliner so the two antenna stick out a little bit on the windshield. but im getting really bad range from mine... a friend of mine that i work with has a viper alarm too and gets a great signal at work when i dont get one at all. im not sure what model she has though..j

but is there anything i can do to extend the range of mine??

thanks.

hahaha im definitly going to have to try that, but i want to extend the range more so that it can page me...ill turn the code hopping off, is it really needed that much? i dont think anyone around here is going to grab my signal lol. should i notice a drastic difference by turning it off?

great ideas, thanks.

As long as it's up high...it needs to be in the line of sight.

Metallized film-coated glass will kill RF signals...learned that installing glass-mounted VHF antennas.

i made the mistake of placing my antena under my 5% tint strip,and its the onyx tint and it has that metalic particles in it to block signals, i have to do the chin trick to get a decent range

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.