Extending Amp Wiring question

just buy the knuconceptz wiring kit
they are the best kits on budget oversized
thank you for the links, I think I will just buy my wire from that site, I don't need all the extra stuff because its already hooked up in the car and that place seems very reasonable on wire

LOL wtf is everyone saying. The first guy prob gave you the best advice. I'd either buy a kit with a longer power wire, or use a distroblock and pick up some feet of 4 gauge online. Those 2 would be very easy. LOL u don't need a fused distroblock. Just a straight up distroblock 4gauge in 4 gauge out or 2x4gauge out prob pick up for like 5$ 10feet or so of 4 gauge prob run you 10$ online.

LOL wtf is everyone saying. The first guy prob gave you the best advice. I'd either buy a kit with a longer power wire, or use a distroblock and pick up some feet of 4 gauge online. Those 2 would be very easy. LOL u don't need a fused distroblock. Just a straight up distroblock 4gauge in 4 gauge out or 2x4gauge out prob pick up for like 5$ 10feet or so of 4 gauge prob run you 10$ online.
I am trying to use parts I already have. I have two sets of amp kits

one: too small of gauge

other: too short

what was explained to me was that I could use a 2nd inline fuse (which I already have) to add more wire onto my existing 4 gauge rockford fosgate kit instead of buying more parts. I'd rather make my $50 kit I already own work than buy a $20 kit that has a bunch of stuff in it I don't even need (because I will then have 3 sets) and isn't the copper % that my nicer kit is. I have a certain amount of money that was supposed to go towards buying a sub only because I thought I already had everything I needed to do this so the less money I have to spend the more money I have towards my sub

so I just pulled all the 8 gauge pos amp wiring out of my car, somehow managed to be able to do it without pulling any panels (not sure) so now I am waiting on my firewall plug to come in the mail so I can go ahead and run the 4 gauge kit I have and then I will know an exact amount of wire I need to purchase. The fuse and everything on the 8 gauge kit is good, I am guessing I should also upgrade the amp ground wiring to 4 gauge as well?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.