Extended cab truck....

Mitch86
5,000+ posts

±
Tennessee
Whats the "best" way to fire port/sub in an extended cab? I've ran a sub up/port to the side setup before.Think I read that was best for spl. and also a sealed sub firing upwards and forward. Really didnt notice a different between firing sub forward opposed to firing up in the sealed application.. Just wondering what other extended cab truck owners prefered... Sub up port up, sub up port sideways, sub forward port forward, etc...

Just a single 8" for now...may add another soon. Was wondering if I should mount the sub firing up with the port forward or mount it on the same plane as the port. Think I'll go sub up/port up as I cant go port to the side with my current box design. Sub up port to the side was louder than sub forward port to the side in my last 8" application.

I'm in the same boat.. Sealed subs.. firing up... forward really does not make a bit of difference other than a better back massage..
Yeah when I had my MJ18 sealed I tried both ways. Sub up was better only because the box fit snug and I didnt have to bolt it down. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Havent had a chance to play around with firing a port though. My box for my 1508 had an external port firing to the side.

For smaller subs I have ran port/sub firing down. With some trial and error that was the best results I got out of 3 8" subs in an ext cab truck.(also did that in the back of a blazer)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.