Extended cab s-10 Audioque build

Basshead21
10+ year member

I am starting my first build thread ever. I previously had two kenwood KFC-2012s and a tma 500.1 amp. Now that I have some experience I decided to upgrade. I ordered a AQ1200D amp about a month ago, and a HDC3 15 H1 yesterday and it arrived today. I am trying to learn every little bit I can on the way. I talked to RAM_DESIGNS about a box design. (I have heard he is very legit) Currently I have an alpine head unit, and kenwood door speakers. It is dark out now so pics will come soon.

I have heard many different opinions on what to tune the port to. 32-38? any suggestions? Also I am running 2g wire to the amp, is this cool? I am going to get the big 3 done soon and I am hoping my stock electrical will do fine. Pictures and updates soon coming! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I have heard many different opinions on what to tune the port to. 32-38? any suggestions
in my opinion the lower the better. It flattens out that peak. Unless this is a competition setup, lower is better

at least get another battery, and I don't see why not running 0ga. It leaves room for improvements, and allows you to never get close to the max draw for your wire. Its all up to you I dont know the max current load for 2 ga. Should be fine if its oxy free copper and not cca. Pick up a deka. They are cheap and worth it.

in my opinion the lower the better. It flattens out that peak. Unless this is a competition setup, lower is better
I am getting sooo many suggestions. everywhere from 32-38, I am not going for a competition setup. I just want them to sound as good as they can.

Thanks for the quick reply guys. The wire is Rockford Fosgate, I got it in an amp kit. Also my inline fuse is 100A I assume I will need to upgrade this also?

2 ga is fine, but when I ran 1200 rms at 1 ohm on stock electrical I was dropping to like 12.2 with engine running. It would be a good idea to at least get another battery

I've worked with a company that is a DD dealer as well as owned 2 HDC3 subs and a DD sub. I like to tune to 34 hz.

It sounds like a nice setup, but the HDC3 will laugh at that power. I'd even go as far as putting that HDC315 in a 5 cubic foot box if you don't plan on upgrading power. But to each his own. That's a good system for a first build log. Hope you like it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ok I have decided to go with a lower probably 34 tune on the box. Thanks again for all the suggestions guys. I just installed a new battery and alternator because the old ones went bad. I am a super noob at all this stuff. To get another battery would I need to get a performance alternator? Also I am doing the big 3 soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.