Ext cab Chevy box ideas

Hey OP I used two pieces of 2x4 nailed together fiberglassed and smoothed them for my 3" seat risers in my 06 silverado. If you do that you can fit a pretty good size box under your seat. That box looks very similar to the one I build and it sounded great.

Screwe it, mold the tail gate shut and a lock taneau cover make your whole bed a box then youd own this place haha

On a serious note, depending on your box demensions rasing your seat up inch or two could buy you some air space

Trying to run two ported 10's under the rear seat of an ext cab chevy is going to be tough without lifting the seat, unless those 10's only need .75 airspace ported. Thise subs do best with 1.5cuft+ of airspace per sub. That box prob doesn't even have 1cuft of airspace to each chamber. I played this game with my box and several others and the only real way to do it is go sealed for the subs or do one sub ported so you can use the whole area for proper airspace. Best config I found so far is a single 12 ported under the seat using the whole area under the back seat. Sub up, port towards the door is how mine is and now I need to invest in dynomat because it is flexing and shaking everything from the windows to the roof.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.