Explain this to me

ric flair
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok, so my orion amp had a problem and blew up over the weekend, it was 150 rms at 4 ohms and i was using it to power my diamond hex components. After it blew i decided to power them with an older Rockford Fosgate Punch 100.2 (50x2), and the results were not what i expected. The speakers somehow sound slightly better, and are just as loud as my previous amp which was around 3x the power. The sound is clean, and there is very little or no distortion at high volumes.

I don't know what to think, how could a set of 150 rms components sound just as good off 1/3 of there rated power as they did when seeing there rated power? Now, i know power isn't everything. But i am under powering them alot and they sound just as good.

Anybody know why this is?

**** man fucked up subs and now a blown amp
it was a refurb, they must have not fixed it correctly.

I am just amazed at how clean the signal is when usually under powering speakers makes them sound shitty. These however, all of a sudden sound amazing with the power of the rockford!!!!!

which year rockford amp is that? I know older i mean oldddddddder rockford was the top dog.

it maybe underrated in power.

what is the voltage 12-14.4 rating???

it can make a difference on how much power that baby is really pushing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ric flair

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
ric flair
north carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date