Excessive Amperage

MikeNeufeld
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
VanCity
E A and Iraggi, seem to be along with ohio gen and powermasters, really strong supporters of db drag. In your guys opinions who does build a better alt. All i can say is E A has great Customer service... Any difference between the 2 or simply both are good.

Along the same lines, I am looking to get an Irragi alt for my 91 Cherokee. What is the best way to get ahold of him? Thanks

Heard lots of first hand horror stories about DOA alts from EA and still not taking back the DOA alts to replace them. EA is quick to reply to questions and such, but their products leave a lot to be desired.

I own an Iraggi 300A Amputator alt and it's given me no problems. I've heard stories about Iraggi too, but nothing compared to the **** I've heard about EA. Dom was always quick to reply to my questions.

Iraggi or Ohio Gen are the only companies I think I'd purchase an alt through...

Ohio Gen's customer service is crap though from what I understand....Each company has good attributes and bad. Just have to decide which attributes you're willing to give up.

EA = Good customer service, blah products, good price

Iraggi = Good customer service, ok products, ok price

Ohio Gen = Bad customer service, Awesome products, high as hell price.

I've heard good/bad about both also. Nate @ EA was easy to deal with and my alt has been fine for the past 8 months.

Hate to say it but it seems like a crap shoot with most HO alts. I think the best bet is to go with a large case GM alt if you can get an adapter to fit your car.

I hate to product bash and I personally find it bad form to hear others product bash. I have known many people that have purchased EA alts and to be honest it is about 50/50 with those that are happy and those that are not. I don't really put down Nate because I don't have the ability to build a H/O alt myself and he aparently does. I don't know personally about how long they will last but I can say that by the nature of the H/O alt they have a shorter life span. Then again I have heard bad things about Irragi as well but I have to say I have not heard as much about them. My only problem with Ohio Gen alts is the price. They are expensive.

I hate to product bash and I personally find it bad form to hear others product bash. I have known many people that have purchased EA alts and to be honest it is about 50/50 with those that are happy and those that are not. I don't really put down Nate because I don't have the ability to build a H/O alt myself and he aparently does. I don't know personally about how long they will last but I can say that by the nature of the H/O alt they have a shorter life span. Then again I have heard bad things about Irragi as well but I have to say I have not heard as much about them. My only problem with Ohio Gen alts is the price. They are expensive.
where am i bashing? i'm just stating facts of what has happened to me. 2 doa alts and one that lasted 3 weeks. after the 3rd one he simply ignored me.

HO-alts = one of the best in the biz

Ohio Generator is probably a better alt but at twice the price i couldnt justify spending the money

iraggi alts arent bad alts, just pay attention to the low RPM output speed

EA's ive never had a problem with, but i know many people who have

Nate @ EA does have some bad business practices, he was a crybaby when Termpro removed his group buy

btw i'd go with mean-green. never had a problem with mine, and the few people i know who have used them never had problems and they offer a nice warranty on them

well my less then a year old ea has failed very confused and sad i need my car for next week and have no spare alt *i told my dad not to throw away the stock one*

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MikeNeufeld

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
MikeNeufeld
VanCity
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date