Everythings hooked up right, subs wired right, power to amp, still no sound.

CubiQ

I've done a recent install in my 98 chevy blazer. Everything has power and is hooked up right in the rear and to the head unit, but I still have no sound coming from the subs. I havn't been able to get appointments at any places to check it out until next month. Any ideas of what my problem might be?

Well, either a piece of equipment is defective or you don't have everything wired correctly as you think. Going to need more details on your wiring. Exactly where and how everything is connected at both ends. Any troubleshooting done yet?

they are wired at 2ohms using the diagram off the rockford website. All 8g wiring for the speakers. i know the amp works, it was tested when i bought it. i know the subs work cause they were tested as well. i have the same RCA and remote wire from my last setup which worked fine.

i have a positive wire going through the box going to positives, then a negative wire through the box going to negatives. then individual wires connecting the remaining pos. & neg. on each sub.

You may want to start checking small things to begin ruling out the issue.Id start with replacing the fuses, even though they look good, can be bad without actually being able to see.Id start there first, then check all grounds/rcas, remote wire connection/wire connections solid on the wire, and not on the wire sleeve,Things like that.:DJust some things to start with.I forgot to hook up a remote wire properly once, and spent 2days after work trying to figure out what the H e l l ive done wrong.Simple issue..LOL I must have been in a hurry..LOL

haha i know right.. i've ruled pretty much everything out already i spent a couple hours straight rewiring everything behind the dash and in the rear. i really have no clue and it's been pissin me off cause i know it probably is something simple, i just don't know what.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.