Escape to Bass - Build

Getting ready to order my Wavecor door speakers and I have decided to mount my tweeters on the dash and angle them mostly at my head. My question is should I stick with the tried and true, great sounding DD soft domes or finally try the still new and unused Ti Dayton tweeters? The DD's mount great in these pods and the Dayton's have little pods in the box. Crossing whichever tweeter pair over in the mid 3kHz range and running active.

20211108-0952181.jpg

DD had this high end component set back in the day, it was over a decade ago, and I can't remember what it was called, but those speakers were literally some of the best I've ever heard. The high end DD stuff, just across the board, has always sounded great to me. Idk, when I started off with bass, my very first experience was with a DD shop and a 9512. I'm probably biased. I love soft/silk dome tweeters. Harsh tweeters are something that make me go nuts. I actually enjoy hearing the subtle differences in higher frequency sounds, not the sound like somebody is banging a symbol as hard as they can right next to your ears. My Rainbow's had silk domes, and I don't think I could ever do a "hard" tweeter, if you will.

I forgot to put mine back in on the passenger side after sound deadening it this fall,lol. But I also sound deadened something like 70-80% of the door and the door panel. I need to put it back in now that winter and snow have hit. Just been busy with surgery after surgery.

I know, gotta wait for decent day to sneak in. The crappy thing is someone replaced the passenger door Glas and didn't put the vapor plastic back in... So many open holes in that door lol
If you plan on doing it this winter then later this week is you best bet. Gonna be in the 70's here. Or you could ask someone to use their garage or shop.

Got my Sissy's package. My sis is so cool. I also got my sound deadening. Yay. The Infinity's will move to the rear doors when I get the Wavecor speakers.

Attachments

• 20211129_174832.jpg
    20211129_174832.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 20211129_174914.jpg
    20211129_174914.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 20211129_175121.jpg
    20211129_175121.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I have a guy for those. Idk what you paid but he custom does each set for each speaker and depth you need including a 1" set and 1/2" set I had him make. Normally they are around 10-12 bucks shipped iirc. He even custom did a set of tweeter pods for me.

Keep him in mind for next time or if these don't work.

I have a guy for those. Idk what you paid but he custom does each set for each speaker and depth you need including a 1" set and 1/2" set I had him make. Normally they are around 10-12 bucks shipped iirc. He even custom did a set of tweeter pods for me.

Keep him in mind for next time or if these don't work.

That link is the person I got them from via eBay.

HA! lmfao yeah he does awesome work. I posted some stuff on him before iirc. I've bought something like 4 pairs plus those tweeter pods. He is always willing to work with me on w/e sizes I need and if you find a 3D file he will print it and adjust it to your set of tweeters or w/e it is as well.

The Escape is dead. I went to the dealership to have them install my lower control arms and the whole sub-frame is rust. There is no saving it and the Sub-frame is now obsolete so there is no fixing it. So I bought a 2006 Hyundai Elantra Limited.

It isn't perfect but it has no rust. Double DIN radio location and factory tweeter locations in the doors aimed at my head. Bonus.

Attachments

• 20220111_175716_HDR.jpg
    20220111_175716_HDR.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 32
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...