eq vs epicenter

The Audiocontrol Epicenter supposedly reproduces the bass that gets missing from such as mp3 devices like the ipod when using the headphone out. I have used one before, and it does indeed make a difference, however it is a dangerous toy to play with. Every user I have seen use them completely use them wrong. You cant just turn all the knobs up, its very dangerous as it will damage your sub if you dont have a subsonic filter to prevent mishaps.
Im sorry that I dont know exactly what it does as far as the extremely technical aspects of it. But I do know it doesnt work the same way as an eq does.
An epicenter alters the recording in an artificial way. That's why I disagree with the idea it 'reproduces' the bass. It alters the bass would be a more accurate way to define it's results in the generic terms you used. Ciaonzo described its effect accurately.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.