eq vs epicenter

The Audiocontrol Epicenter supposedly reproduces the bass that gets missing from such as mp3 devices like the ipod when using the headphone out. I have used one before, and it does indeed make a difference, however it is a dangerous toy to play with. Every user I have seen use them completely use them wrong. You cant just turn all the knobs up, its very dangerous as it will damage your sub if you dont have a subsonic filter to prevent mishaps.

Im sorry that I dont know exactly what it does as far as the extremely technical aspects of it. But I do know it doesnt work the same way as an eq does.

An EQ is usually a tool that becomes necessary to correct frequency response and the Epicenter is more of an enhancement device usually added for fun. It tracks frequencies that exist in a recording at a specified sampling rate and artificially adds a fundamental frequency one octave below it. So if your anemic 80's music has a 60hz synthesiser tone and you wish it had more bottom end you could turn on the Epicenter and add a 30hz tone right underneath it. This is, of course, the dumbed down explaination.

iirc the epicenter takes certain higher frequencies and plays them many octives lower to add to the bass freqs signal sent to the amp.

something to that effect.

get the mmats eq, it has a nice EQ and a built in-line driver of 10 volts and a nice subsonic filter, its all u really need really, to get a clean nice signal and to enhance a cleaner sounding bass.. the in-line driver e'll help the amps come more alive :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.