Engine off, source off, DSP on Static noise.

Participant count
  • Participant list

prada14

CarAudio.com Newbie
Got issue with a Bit one,

Had a Bit 10D before was all fine, replaced it with a Bit one and the noise issue occurred.

When I turn the radio on, all fine, a minor click/pop noise but nothing loud. Music plays no whining or any sort of noise.

I turn the source off (Pioneer head unit) I hear a whine/ high pitch noise for 2 sec. This happens with the engine being on or off

When engine is on or off and source is off and Bit one is turned on with DRC constant whining noise, when I turned the headlights on noise gets louder. When I turn the source on the noise disappears.

With the source off, when I remove the RCA cables from the head unit the noise disappears.

If I touch the RCA wire to any metal part of the UNIT the noise appears.

Any ideas what can cause this, strange this appears when the source is off or turned off only.

Tried grounding the Bit one to the battery negative terminal and still no change.

Thank you

Moving/changing RCA's can damage the internals of the Pioneer HU.  This is a well known issue where the RCA shield connection fails inside the HU.  You can see the fix for this by searching for "Pioneer RCA Grounding" in any search engine.

If you get noise with the engine off, that is an internal issue.  Most noise problems only occur when the engine is running. So it's an interesting clue.

Your BitOne should not be allowed to be on when the source is off.  Doing so will often result in noise.  Make sure the BitOne and the amps all turn on/off with the head unit. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.