Engine noise - Cannot figure out.

Participant count
  • Participant list

equalme

I've been trying to tackle this issue the past three days with no success. Equipment I'm running are:

-Pioneer X5800BHS

-Focal PS165 6.5" Component System

-JL XD500/3

-JL 10TW3

The issues I am having are:

-Whining that increases with RPM.

-High pitch whine that starts when HU is dimmed.

*Battery is new (Odyssey 31M)

**Alternator recently replaced about a year ago (re-manufactured OEM)

I have the HU ground connected to a terminal block that is under the drivers footwell with a 4 gauge that goes straight to the battery negative.

I have two 1/0 cables (power/ground) running from the battery to the driver rear to bus bars where the amplifier is connected to.

The RCAs are ran on the passenger side with no other power source alongside it.

What I've tried:

-Removing RCA at the amplifier - noise gone

-Removing RCA at the HU - noise gone

-Grounded RCA terminals to HU - noise increased

I do still have a "shaker" speaker in the roof that is factory. When I unplug the RCAs, the speaker functions with the HU powered and there is no interference noise.

Well I think I figured out the issue...the RCA cable.

I'm using 4-channel Rockville 25 ft RCA cable. I pulled the RCA and ran it outside of the truck...no noise. I then ran it down the center and there was noise again. If I can't run it down the center or the passenger side...I have no where else to run the RCA cable then.

Is the Rockville cables that terrible? It states that it is twisted and 100% copper oxygen free.

Well I think I figured out the issue...the RCA cable.
I'm using 4-channel Rockville 25 ft RCA cable. I pulled the RCA and ran it outside of the truck...no noise. I then ran it down the center and there was noise again. If I can't run it down the center or the passenger side...I have no where else to run the RCA cable then.

Is the Rockville cables that terrible? It states that it is twisted and 100% copper oxygen free.
Twisted only works with balanced inputs. Which are not the norm. But I think your XD has them. So it would seem to be a **** cable

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.