Engine Mods

D_MaN_2000
10+ year member

Maryland
I just bought a 96 Lumina. And I want to know what type of engine mods can I perform to increase the HP. I'm only working with about 160 right now. I can get the Z34 engine which has 215 HP. Any suggestions. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a) its a chevy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

b) why would you want to fix up a lumina? try... a sports car... ?? mayb a camero or somthing.. atleast a monte carlo or a impala ss would look nice but i dunno about a lumina. my mom has a 95 lumina and thats just not something to fix up ...

no way man. my friends got a chevy lumina (4 door) and he just had custom body kit fabricated and he painted it viper blue on the back with silver and red flames coming up the front (looks really nice). the interior is gett done over blue and silver too. looks really nice(surprised me, cause my initial response was what hte hell a lumina...) anyways if ya want his e-mail man i can hook ya up. pm me

cool, sounds good. I dunno about finding parts for a stock lumina engine. But if you have a nice chuck of change laying around then yeah go for the Z34. Fuel, do you know if he has any parts for a mustang, or any good places to get them cheap?

My cop car is a 97' Lumina LTZ with a supercharged 3.8L, man it fly's...fairly sporty car but I would take a GA or GP over it.

- Steve

I was looking at this guys page on SoundDomain.com and he did an engine swap and put a supercharged 3800 in his. He said it's pushing 260HP. I think all that is is a Buick Riviera engine cuz they come supercharged like that.

i wish you could see my friends guy. it looks really good. i'll see if i can get some pictures from him sometime and figure a way to put htem up on hte net.

later ya'll

i wish those cars had manual transmissions, cause those cars would be much more fun to drive and faster if they had a manual transmission. GM really needs to start making more stick shift cars like ford(you see more stick gts than you do trans ams).

I just have to mention that you can never get away from teh fact that it is a passenger sedan, and no matter how many bolt ons you get it will never make you as happy as a real sports car, I have seen to many people try to do too much with something that really is not all that worth the effort, I am not putting your car down, believe me I am a speed freak I can never get enough horsepower, I am always trying how to make my truck faster and what I can do to my friends cars to get tham more HP, but just makeing a point hope you put it into perspective

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.