Engine Light comes on and subwoofer stops playing

Participant count
  • Participant list

plyer3
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok this is weird, I noticed my sub stopped playing whille driving and found out that my Check Engine Light came on. I stopped the car and checked everything, nothing seems to be wrong. All the wires are secure and fuses are fine.

My voltage is fine, stays at 13.99 to 14.2 volts at full volume. Setup is in sig. Oh and the subwoofer amp seems to be fine, Power light is on but subwoofer doesn't play.

I'm gonna head to Autozone to check in a min

anybody else had this problem?

EDIT: Ok, after driving for a while, sub comes back on but engine light still remains. I will get my ELD replaced and see how that goes this week.

No problems with engine check light when I had a type r 12 temporarily in my car for less than 2 months along with my front and rear stages.

man, it's the same codes as last time when some of my terminals weren't tighten. but they are this time and check engine light came on again.

P1298

BBEletric load circuit high input\

Probable cause

BB1. - Poor eletrical connection

BB2. - Failed ELD

P0420

BBCatalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 1

Probable Cause

BB1. - A/F ratio concern

BB2. - Air lear near H02S

BB3. - Ignition system concern

BB4. - Faulty catalytic converter

Well my mechanic told me the catalytic converter was fine and that problem was my terminals not connected good. He fixed all that couple months ago.

i just seen that. buy a new car/truck?
haha no had this car for 2 years. accord 99. this isnt the first time light came on.

it goes away after unscrewing the negatives on both batteries. but they come back after i play subwoofer on volume past 20.

i just seen that. buy a new car/truck?
haha no had this car for 2 years. accord 99. this isnt the first time light came on.

it goes away after unscrewing the negatives on both batteries. but they come back after i play subwoofer on volume past 20.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.