Enclosure wrapped in leather?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Use 4 way stretch vinyl. You can order some to match really well and it will be much easier to work with. Just be sure you understand how to build the enclosure to make wrapping it much much easier.

I'll be building the box for 2 13w6's with jl's specs for a slot port. I just built an l slot for his older 18w6. Ive got the box down, thanks for the advice on the fabric, Im just not sure if I should use adhesives, stitching, or integrate the vinyl into the box somehow.

Depending on the vinyl you should use adhesive.

I was not meaning basic enclosure building, there are some "tricks" to help make it easier to wrap an enclosure in vinyl then just a basic enclosure. It saves time and a tone of hassle.

Ill use any tricks in making this project a lot smoother. Would I be correct to assume the half moon cuts a no-no for vinyl? Also, instead of spraying the vent black, should I leave it the color of the mdf, or match the vinyl?

****** portfolio you have on your website btw, I hope to one day be as reputable as yourself.
I need to redo them. Those are far out dated and still off photobucket lol. I have not had time to really work on pictures in a while lol. Thank you though.

Ill use any tricks in making this project a lot smoother. Would I be correct to assume the half moon cuts a no-no for vinyl? Also, instead of spraying the vent black, should I leave it the color of the mdf, or match the vinyl?
yea, that is a no no lol.

There are a few ways of doing it. First you need to make the sides fit inside the top/bottom/front/back pieces. Then you can a few things from there you can rabbit cut the sides to have a small area to tuck the seem into, or you can inset the side 1/4" or so and use carpet on the sides to hide the seems and hang over on the vinyl. For the port, I normally let the client choose what color they want or to leave it raw...most just ask for black though unless it is a kerf port then I get a few asking for a colored port.

No prob. I like the logo integration. Just today I was watching a rerun of shark tank where a guy started a successful business based on logo integration. Seems like a very profitable and pretty cool idea.

yea, that is a no no lol.
There are a few ways of doing it. First you need to make the sides fit inside the top/bottom/front/back pieces. Then you can a few things from there you can rabbit cut the sides to have a small area to tuck the seem into, or you can inset the side 1/4" or so and use carpet on the sides to hide the seems and hang over on the vinyl. For the port, I normally let the client choose what color they want or to leave it raw...most just ask for black though unless it is a kerf port then I get a few asking for a colored port.

Alright, I like that. Im gonna bookmark and use this page as a reference. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.