enclosure w/ plexiglass window

I'm wondering how to add a window to and enclosure. I'm considering 3/4" thick plexiglass, but is plexiglass acoustically dead enough for enclosures? or is there a better material? also tips on how to get it flush with the side of the enclosure would be great;)

yeah it would be fine. most of the mdf I can fine is 11/16" and not a true 3/4 so you might have to fiddle with whatever you are mounting it too(unless its carpeted).

you mean sound deadening on the edges of the panel?
No, he means that you need two layers of .75" MDF on the wall the Plexiglas is going into. The inner panel would have a window in it that's about 1.5" smaller than the Plexiglas panel. The outer MDF panel would be cut the same size as the window and you would install your fasteners through the Plexi and into the inner panel/brace.

If window is going to be permanent part of the box.,I would use double baffles like stated above and use epoxy resin around edges of panel for a definite seal and bond.then use screws or bolts if needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.