Enclosure for 2 Sundown SA-8s or 2 used Sa-8s in box

Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyley

I'm really new to all this stuff and I really don't know much about car audio at all, but I need to buy an enclosure that would be optimal for Sundown Sa-8s. If you have a pair that you're willing to sell with the enclosure I could buy those as well.

What kind of music do you like?

How much power will you be giving them?

What vehicle will they be in?

What are you most trying to accomplish... sound sound quality or sound pressure?

Most importantly, how much space do you have and where in the vehicle will they be?

Where are you located?
I'm in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

I have a lair of sa8v2's I could recone and then build and ship you a box.
How much would you charge for all of that?

What kind of music do you like?How much power will you be giving them?

What vehicle will they be in?

What are you most trying to accomplish... sound sound quality or sound pressure?

Most importantly, how much space do you have and where in the vehicle will they be?
I listen to all types of metal ranging from traditional to death, along with the occasional rap music. As for power I really don't know, like I said I'm really new to all of this and I don't have an amp picked out yet so if you could recommend something then I could go with that. They would be put in my 94 Mustang GT. I'd like a balance of quality and pressure, I want it to be loud but not so loud that it sounds like crap. However much space there is in my trunk is how much space I have, that's where I'll be putting them.

Well i would be at $385 plus shipping or meet in Indianapolis wife wants to go there again anyway.
I'm fine with paying shipping. How long do you think it would take to have this done? I'm in no rush, I'm asking simply for reference.

I don't know what your budget is but to wake these little guys up good you'll need a thousand watts. Preferably 1500. And, you'll need proper electrical in order to make that power clean.

I'd recommend at least 2 gauge CCA for the power wiring and a good quality AGM battery. As amps go, Hifonics amplifiers do at or near rated for little money, I've heard good things about Power Bass and I know one guy running them. They're also a budget amp. If you have a high budget, consider Sundown, Rockfor Fosgate or Crescendo.

But honestly, I'm not one to recommend equipment. That's up to you and your preferences. I will say this though... avoid Planet Audio, Audiobahn, Boss, and basically anything you can buy new at a Pawn shop.

If you find something you like, pop back in and ask if anyone has experience with it... you'll get plenty of answers. :)

I don't know what your budget is but to wake these little guys up good you'll need a thousand watts. Preferably 1500. And, you'll need proper electrical in order to make that power clean.

I'd recommend at least 2 gauge CCA for the power wiring and a good quality AGM battery. As amps go, Hifonics amplifiers do at or near rated for little money, I've heard good things about Power Bass and I know one guy running them. They're also a budget amp. If you have a high budget, consider Sundown, Rockfor Fosgate or Crescendo.

But honestly, I'm not one to recommend equipment. That's up to you and your preferences. I will say this though... avoid Planet Audio, Audiobahn, Boss, and basically anything you can buy new at a Pawn shop.

If you find something you like, pop back in and ask if anyone has experience with it... you'll get plenty of answers. :)

About 2 weeks mainly I wouod expect a little delay in getting recones from jacob as they are moving shops currently so I expect them to be a little behind. Feel free to text me 502-649-6005.

I would suggest to stick with OFC(copper) 2 ga or larger CCA does not have the same ampacity that ofc has. Probably will find that you can get 1/0 kits faster and cheaper than 2. Sound Qubed is another good option on amplifiers you can get a AQ 1200 for 270 or cheaper if you look around. Sundown SAZ-1200 would be another good amp for those. I have a Rockford T-1000bd that I may be willing to sell if right offer. Not trying to sound attached to it but I am using at the moment but I am looking to upgrade sortly so will need larger anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...